Site Meter

America vs. The World

The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart. — Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Respecting the Game

(updated below)

There are a lot of reasons to like Barack Obama. He's a great public speaker. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago. He has a cool name.

But the best reason, perhaps, is that he don't playa hate.

After learning he had inadvertently cockblocked a young man, Obama felt so broken up about it he had to call and apologize. (Which tells you all you need to know about this presidential candidate.)
Obama: Nicholas, this is Barack Obama.

Nicholas Lovelady: Hey, how's it going?

Obama: Man, I am calling to publicly apologize for messin' up your game. I felt terrible. I didn't know there were any ladies around. I just wanted to let you know that I'm deeply sorry. But if she was that superficial, then she wasn't for you.

Lovelady: (chuckles) Well, I really appreciate it.

Obama: Well okay, man. Bye bye.
You can listen to it at "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!"

(h/t to The Poorman Insititute)


UPDATE

In case you didn't hear, Obama made an important announcement on Monday Night Football last night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I am now impressed. Even if he did it because he figger'd his future voters were listening on NPR (as I am sure was the case,) it's both clever and cute as hell.

You guys may have something here.

Now, all I have to do is convert him over to Libertarianism.

Tom

Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Jeff Goldstein is a wanker.